Call: (949) 640-1122
1401 Avocado Ave, Suite 404 • Newport Beach, CA 92660
Newport Center Dental Group
Whiten Your Smile Today!
Teeth can often be whitened by several new techniques of “bleaching” available today. The most common tooth whitening method used is the “in-office” method where a strong bleaching agent is placed over the isolated teeth and a special light is used to assist the bleaching material in lightening your teeth. This method of tooth whitening is generally more controlled and probably better for people who have tetracycline stains or streaks on their teeth. The “home” techniques involve making trays which fit into the mouth and these are then filled with bleaching materials. When worn for a few hours a day, noticeable results are seen generally within a few days to a couple weeks.
Tooth whitening results vary from individual to individual and we will be happy to to help you decide which method works best for you. Some of the factors involved include the intensity of the stains, whether or not you have fillings or crowns on your front teeth as well as what may have caused the stains.
Tooth Whitening Tips
- Have your teeth professionally cleaned before having them professionally whitened.
- Have them regularly cleaned thereafter as well, to help keep surface stains from forming.
- For deep stains that won’t respond to whitening products, your cosmetic dentist may suggest bonding or porcelain veneers instead. The veneers can be used to repair chipped, crooked teeth or to close gaps.
- To maintain the whiteness of “chair side whitened teeth”, we recommend that our patients follow up with custom fitted mouth trays that contain a custom touch up whitening gel.
If you’d like to learn more about professional tooth whitening and the ways in which we can give you the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of, call our Newport Beach, CA dental office today at (949) 640-1122. One of our friendly dental team members will always be ready to speak with you.
- Dan J Spears, DDS
- Martin Rovira, DMD
- Victor M. Israel, DMD (Periodontist)
- George Naidus, DDS
- Gemma Hipolito, DDS
- Kia Ebrahim, DMD
- Gary Lyon, DDS (Orthodontist)
- Roger Van Scotter, DDS (Periodontist)
|Monday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday*||8:00 am - 1:00 pm|
We'll make you smile!
Please join our dental family.